Under the Carpet - by Kenth Cound

 This post was originally made on June 27, 2024 but it is now modified to remove names Senior Legal counsel and My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC, so as to preserve the integrity of the arguments.

My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC, screwed me over.  It occurred on a day in May 2023. He may have gotten directions from PIPSC senior legal counsel to throw me under the bus any way he could.  It was a great arrangement since legal did not want to represent me since they considered me to be an unsavory member of the union steward contingent. It worked out for My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC as well since he had gotten a job offer from a larger public service union and he wanted to get my cases off his plate as soon as possible so he could move on.

My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC might not agree with this summary however to suggest that he was just bested by the legal council for the employer would be too simplistic. He was given explicit instructions from me to negotiate a settlement in return for my dropping my cases. Instead, he negotiated something different and wedged me into signing it with threats of getting nothing and of being forced to sign by the board. So, this bright young man has a notch in his proverbial gun, and I am sidelined.

I did not hear from My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC until April 2023. At first, he looked at those grievances and his thoughts were that much of what I had been punished for was not even disciplinable. I am not sure how or when his course changed or when he received the job offer from Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) but he sure could not wait the three week for the labour board to convene to hear my cases.  I was very confident I could get my job back or something in lieu and the manager behind this would be punished somehow.

If you have worked in the government before you will know that you must not step out of line by questioning what is going on. If you are a steward, you are a natural target. In January 2020, at age 64, I had my building pass taken away from me and was no longer allowed back into my workplace. Unfortunately, My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC did not seem to care what my chances of winning at the labour board were or where his plans would leave me emotionally and financially. Maybe he saw it as too much work when he was already moved on from PIPSC in his mind.

Now I am pissed, and I cannot hide that.  I will likely remain pissed at My assigned legal counsel from PIPSC for a very long time. I am also concerned that the legal council at PIPSC is gone rogue. I have valid issues with how I was treated, and some convincing evidence Senior legal counsel was behind it. Whatever the arrangement that was made between PIPSC and TBS with the result being that I was banished from my job of 12 years, I can only speculate. I am sure it was something the likes of which I never thought could occur in the public service of Canada. Now I know what two faced people at the top look like I will do my best to flush them out and make them accountable.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where speaking truth to power is pointless.

The I that gathers all the facts. (The symbol that denotes me.)