Finding my Target market for this Blog.

 

I have come to accept the limited value of my contributions. 

There is no easy way to say this…I do not think I am reaching my target market with this blog. Yes, opinions, news, narrative pieces are products. Mine are the products I want to sell. They are assembled from the substance of my heart and to the extent they incorporate some verifiable facts you might find value in gaining my perspective, if you have an appetite for anti-bureaucracy and anti-newspeak.

 

Example: Russian trolls are invading our news feeds using methods that reflect the chaos that is part of their lives by simply being Russian. It is obvious to those watching the video of a soldier unpacking his new armored vest to find no breast plate, instead three slats of hard wood are meant to stop bullets, and he exclaims, “This has never happened before, but it is happening again. “

 

I feel as though I am unpacking this sort of statement several times a day while consuming mainstream media. It is not the conundrum it proposes but more the statement it makes about the intelligence of its market. There is a huge amount of material to go through and some of it is thick – as in difficult to penetrate.

 

Example: Biden chose to debate another presidential candidate. He seemed a bit taxed at times and lost his train of thought once or twice and stumbled in the come back or in how to package the response.  And if you did not see it yourself, news services are all pointing it out screaming that Biden showed signs of losing his competence. It is the news. What is not news, you may be tempted to forget or discount is that Trump is a repetitive criminal.

 

To get to the root of that, you need to understand how they decide what to relay as news. Do they show the picture of one dead Arab in Gaza or the scene of a slaughter of Jews. The reader is often left perplexed matching the story to the photos. I don’t know if it even matters. The average person cannot possibly be expected to sort through the known facts to find the new ones. Facts do change.

 

Previously, when it was fashionable to portray the middle-east conflict as Arabs hating Jews, we did not need to know the details. For example: it was simple to see from a picture that a suicide bomb caused an explosion, and some were killed. Even seeing the carnage of October 7, it is obvious what has transpired. Now there are new facts to consider, being the supposed disproportional response from Israel. If you go back in history there is no definition ever given for what a sense of proportional dictates, or what it even means or can come to mean in an ongoing hostage crisis like Gaza. I want to explore the meaning of that word. The media is not the best source for this type of study. History even has been edited; there is still a pope in Rome after all the massacres of indigenous peoples by good catholic soldiers.

 

If you are reading this you are probably a human, although I am aware robots do read. A robot might be better at calculating what is the right portioning out of carnage in such situations. The news media are trusted to know the right amount of disgust viewers can tolerate while they consume the news. Given thousands to news sources where can we find the correct proportions that fit the medium and their target markets.

 

We live in a world divided in two. First those who do not ask questions and only follow unswervingly, this includes robots as well as those who live under duress of punishment, forced into being silent. Then we have those who follow the evidence and attempt to correctly analyze the facts and the proportions. They calculate and include allowance for various amounts of disgust and other human emotions. We call those people influencers because they put the right amount of spin on facts. They choose the right pictures to expose us to, to keep us in emotional crisis.

 

The risk to influencers is that followers will flip to a new channel when the amalgam of your product ceases doing the job for them. The classical trend is that they go from a left to a right stance. They might want more graphic details; they might seek out other spin factors and have perspectives fleshed out. People migrate, they always have. Web services tend to degenerate to the lowest common denominator, namely smut.

 

This brings me back to my point, so who is the target market? All I know is some read my stuff as evinced by the view count. And, to the extent there is a comments section (still empty) there might be a handle associated. I like to comment on interesting stuff. But I do not always do it because I do not trust the source. I still need to work this market thing out, so I do not feel like I am barking into a void with this blog. I promise to accept the truth, but I am afraid that once I finish imposing my assumptions and biases to the equation there will be nobody left.

 

Thanks for sticking around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where speaking truth to power is pointless.

The I that gathers all the facts. (The symbol that denotes me.)